Total Pageviews

Monday, June 25, 2012

Twin Beams: iphone ipad puzzle app Review

The object of Twin Beams: plant 2 trees in every park so that each row and column has exactly two trees.  Also, two trees cannot be adjacent to each other – vertically, horizontally or diagonally.

I've seen this type of puzzle before.  Most recently in '63 Logic Games' which is another puzzle app. They call that game Parks.

Nicola Salmoria contacted me recently about his new app Twin Beams with a really long explanation of everything: how much time he put into it, how he borrowed the concept etc.

Bottom Line: there are 10,000 levels: 2500 at each level.  The easy levels are easy. However, I couldn't stop playing them. My objective was to solve each in less than a minute. The addiction has set in, it's real.  My newest goal is to solve each medium puzzle under 2 minutes - but I'm not quite there yet.

The one qualm I have with Twin Beams is that the user can skip a puzzle, but not return to it very easily. I think you have to cycle through the remaining 2500 at that difficulty level.

 Look at the Statistics! This is the first puzzle I've seen that records how much time the user has actually played the puzzle.  Myself: I've played the puzzle for 9 hours and 41 minutes - so far. I expect to get at least another 50 hours of entertainment. Not bad for a couple of bucks.

Twin Beams absolutely joins the list of Best Puzzle Apps of 2012.

Great job Nicola!

No comments:

Post a Comment