Wednesday, May 31, 2017
Friday, May 26, 2017
The White dot can retrace its steps. Directional arrows force movement in 1 direction.
Passing through a diagonal line: that's not division. It means that that spot will become a wall. Some parts of the maze must be traversed multiple times.
There are 125 free levels. I've done about 40 levels. You can buy 300,000 levels. I'm not sure, but I think that could be a record. Of course, some puzzle apps generate an infinite number of levels.
Thursday, May 25, 2017
Wednesday, May 24, 2017
1. Everybody starts off feeling neutral.
2. Look at the first image. The girl on the left connects with 3 people. A blue line means that they like each other. A red line means they hate each other.
3. Same 1st image: see the blue and red squares? If you tap on the blue square, the girl on the left will become happy. Her friends will become happy too. Her enemy will become unhappy.
4. Alternatively, if you tap on the red square, her enemy will become happy while the others will be unhappy, like her.
I had to undergo a week's therapy to finally get it.
This game is quite serious and needs a dose of humor. How about this: electroshock therapy if everybody's happy except for 1 person. Lots of possibilities there.
The mathematics behind this game is deceptively cool. I'm not an expert on graph theory, but that's what's going on here.
Social Sessions is very unique and smart. I solved all the free levels and moved up to the paid ones. Trying to get everybody happy using the minimum of moves requires thinking backwards. Definitely give this game a try. Stay sane out there.
http://hestergames.blogspot.com/ Read Nicholas's May 25, 2016 blog entry.
Tuesday, May 23, 2017
There are over 100 levels. At the moment, I've solve about 50. Zip - Zap is great fun. Excellent graphics.
Philipp's other games
Monday, May 22, 2017
1. Some squares can only be traversed once.
2. Wormholes. Not sure if I've seen this feature in a sokoban game before.
3. Landing on a solid white square (on the harder levels) causes new black cubes to appear.
There are over 50,000 players on the Leaderboard! Only 1 person has done all 90. A slew of people have done 89 levels. I've done about 50 levels.
Other Good Sokoban Puzzles
A Good Snowman is Hard to Build Charming
Go to Gold - superb
Go to Gold 2 - I hope a third version comes out.
Push Box Sokoban
Boxed In - loved this. First in a series of 4.
BoxWorld - awesome. I still remember struggling through levels 26 and 35 for days.
Paper & Light
Square Push Square
Test Chamber - brilliant
Duck Roll surprisingly very good
Color Labyrinth - excellent
Thursday, May 18, 2017
I'm glad I did play it because:
1. When laser beams intersect, they form a single diagonal beam.
2. Tunnels allow a beam to go through it, but block a perpendicular beam
Raytrace Lite has 120 puzzles and I've solved about 40 levels. It's harder than I thought it would be.
Other Laser Puzzles (Not a complete list!)
Laser Maze 2015
Shoot & Reflect 3x3
RouteOut - not a laser game, but uses mirrors
Mirrors & Reflections
Guide the Light
Wednesday, May 17, 2017
Challenge Packs come in groups of 30 or 40 sets of instructions.
The graphics are stellar. The game is fun. The bonus: it's good for your brain. I've said it before: we should all be playing these types of games to help ward of Alzheimer's.
Alternative Shift has a sense of humor:
Alt Shift is not responsible for any of the following consequences triggered by a not not game session:
- Mobile damages due to a drop or any other violent contact or hard surfaces, including, but not limited to, tables, walls, floors, ceilings, the bottom of your foot when you stomp on it while screaming in frustration, or friends’ faces.
- Loss of mobile resulting from throwing it, intentionally or not, out of windows, into the ocean, garbage dumps, the fiery pits of hell where you might think it comes from, or at friends’ faces.
- Social isolation, episodes of hysterical crying, and/or nervous breakdowns.
Monday, May 15, 2017
I've done a lot of edge-matching puzzles of all types. Some were hexagonal. Unquestionably AuroraBound is the most attractive and colorful.
There are thousands of levels. I've done the first 10 'worlds' which comes out between 50 - 70 levels.
Friday, May 12, 2017
Look at the 2nd image, which is level 21. The solution: the bottom right 4 shoots to the left. That allows the bottom 3 to move up. Because it travels in front of that middle 4, that middle 4's path gets extended just enough to cross the 4 at the top. The 4 at the top comes down, just in the path of the 2, which can then reach the white square.
There are 100 levels and I aim to do them all. At the moment I'm stuck on level 36.
Zhed is fun and free. Download it now.
Thursday, May 11, 2017
Other Bart Puzzles:
Factory Balls - excellent
Blocky XMAS - fun and at times hard
Wednesday, May 10, 2017
1. My editor was fired.
2. The two people who reviewed new games: one died and the other quit.
Games Magazine now has an app where you can download old issues. They cost $ though.
Also, the current issue, June, is on the newsstands. And I have an article, co-written with Nancy Ray Taylor. The article is about Eric Fuller who runs this website. Eric is offering a 30% discount on some puzzles to celebrate the article and his escalation to being famous.
If you buy any of his puzzles, tell him it's because you read the article! Even if you didn't.
Simon Broggi who made Cosmic Hare is trying to get on Steam. Please help out.
We're currently trying to get Greenlight on Steam with Cosmic Hare, Would be great to get your vote and a comment! http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=922879215
Tuesday, May 9, 2017
1. Each circle must be illuminated. But there is a requirement for how many should be blue or red etc.
2. The graphics are excellent.
3. There are 100 levels at Easy, Medium & Hard. The easy ones go pretty fast. I've done about 60 of them. The hard ones have giant grids. Only did 3 or 4.
I like this game. It's FREE!
Monday, May 8, 2017
1. The # of sectors seems to keep growing! I've played the game with 2, 3 and 4 sectors.
2. Each player has the power to rotate 2 circles per game. Once a circle is rotated, it's locked in place. This action could subtract an opponents 3 in-a-row and add to their own.
3. You can play against the computer or play against a friend sitting next to you.
There's one thing that could be improved. After I make a move, the computer makes a move very quickly and I would like to see that animated in some way. Because I'm not sure where the computer made his move.
Happy Portions could be the next Dots & Boxes. Scott, Finn, Amelie and Alec: this is a very good abstract strategy game. Be proud of yourselves! Everybody else: it's free, so download it.