Total Pageviews

Monday, August 3, 2015

Sokoban Evolution: puzzle app for iphone, ipad

iPhone Screenshot 1      iPhone Screenshot 3
My friend and Loyal Blog Follower  David Cole recently contacted me about Sokoban Evolution which he insists is quite good. Having solved thousands of sokoban levels, I was not itching to try it. But I trust David!


There's good and bad in this puzzle app game.


The Positives:
I like the submarine, helicopter and lunar rover pushing the blocks. Good graphics. Playful.
Something new: I think this is the first sokoban puzzle which has some targets hidden by blocks. In particular, I thought level 30 was quite challenging because there were only 2 targets and finding them was a preliminary challenge. I doubt whether anyone could solve that on a first attempt. Unless by pure luck.
The more interesting of the 54 levels have specific targets for specific tiles.


I downloaded the free version which offers 36 puzzles. Solved them all then paid $.99 or $1.99 for the next 18 levels. 


The Negative:
The author, Grettel Monteagudo Garc'ia, has taken some liberties. As I said at the top, I've solved countless sokoban levels in other games over the years. It's impossible to remember each one. However, Grettel has copied levels 37, 44, and 51. Howe do I know? Because I struggled on those mightily and had to truly study them. I believe those came from BoxWorld.


Level 54, I'm fairly certain, is original and good for Grettel. Grettel, don't be lazy! Remove those that aren't original and add new ones.


https://itunes.apple.com/US/app/id957129990?mt=8


Other Sokoban Games:
Go to Gold - superb
Pepe Porcupine
Sokoban Cargo
Push Box Sokoban
Push Around
Boxed In - loved this.
Pengu Push
BoxWorld - awesome. I still remember struggling through levels 26 and 35 for days.
Fireman Arcade
Paper & Light
Square Push Square
Jewel Keeper - the only puzzle app that needlessly inserted a beautiful woman.
Professor Max
Puzzling Cubes
DJ Mole


































1 comment:

  1. Puzzling Cubes is my fav, although I've not tried all you list.

    ReplyDelete