Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Brain Twirler: puzzle app game for ipad, iphone




Nicola Salmoria recently contacted me about his new puzzle app: Brain Twirler. Nicola Salmoria came out with Twin Beams last year. Twin Beams made the prestigious list of Best Puzzles of 2012. Which I still play now and then.


Brain Twirler was inspired by Spin Mix by Ivan Vassilev. I reviewed that about a year ago.

The object is to swivel the rods around the white dots so that the red bar can get to the top. Puzzle 1 takes 1 move, puzzle 2 takes 2 moves... puzzle 50 takes 50 moves.  Puzzles are unlocked in progression, but there are always 4 puzzles unlocked, so if one gets stuck on a puzzle, they can try the next one.

It will be free with ads, with the option to buy hints through in-app
purchases.

Right now I've solved levels 1-25, but I've skipped 2 levels.  Level 25 I did in 87 moves - way over the minimum. This is a very challenging set of puzzles!

Brain Twirler comes out today on the App Store. Nicola sent me a demo version. One of the perks of being a world famous puzzle app blogger! Oh yeah.

Brain Twirler easily makes the List of Best Puzzle Apps of 2013!

2 comments:

  1. iOS 6 required, and I haven't upgraded :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about that. I was initially targetint iOS 5+, but then I wanted to use some iOS6-only features (most notably the social sharing menu), and since over 80% of iOS users are already running 6.0 or later, it made sense to make it a requirement.

    ReplyDelete