Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Galaxy Hopper: puzzle app game for iphone, ipad

iPhone Screenshot 1  iPhone Screenshot 3
Boris Brock recently contacted me: 'Hi! You seem to be THE guy when it comes to puzzle apps....'
Thanks Boris.  I'll take that as a compliment. Though it also may indicate that I have NO LIFE.


iPhone Screenshot 4  iPhone Screenshot 5
The objective in Galaxy Hopper is to get your lost spaceship to the galaxy. The ship can travel along the grid vertically & horizontally until it hits an obstacle. Very much like Lunar Lockout.


What's different? The asteroids can travel, but the suns are fixed in place.  Also, on some levels, the spaceship must pick up the green gas tank before getting to the galaxy. Some levels have wormholes, naturally.


One of the bad things about being a puzzle app blogger is that one often plays the earliest version 1. I was stuck on level 18 for a while. Sometimes the undo and refresh buttons didn't work. But the exit button did. However, the program would not let me do 18 until I redid 17 again. I ended up doing level 17 about 5 times before I figured out 18.


The same thing happened to me on level 51.  I contacted Boris to check it. He confirmed it to me: it was impossible. Meanwhile I solved level 50 about 10 times.
However, Loyal Blog Follower, Boris has fixed all of that! The new level 51 is solvable. Alas, I asked Boris for a hint. Then I rapidly completed the rest (58 levels altogether). I think I noticed that level 57 is the same as 51.
The graphics are crisp & clear.
If you're a fan of Lunar Lockout, I think you'll enjoy these new challenges. I did.


https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-galaxy-hopper/id969846833?ls=1&mt=8

1 comment:

  1. Nice puzzle... Lunar Lockout is one of my all time favourites, so it was obvious for me to try it. I like it a lot (not completely finished yet, but well over half way). Only one gripe: I can't find anywhere where I can kill the sound (apart from muteing my iPhone). Otherwise highly recommendable!

    The puzzles have a nice range of difficulties, from very easy to quite tough. And on a number of occaisions have I enjoyed the feeling of, after been bashing my head up against a brick wall with a level for a while, coming back to it some thime later and solving it immediately....!

    ReplyDelete