Bolton Winpenny recently contacted me about his puzzle app ReMaze. It's not a traditional maze game. The object is to move the balls to their colored squares.
How do the balls move? This is the essence of the game. Tap your finger on any cell within the gray grid. Balls along that spot's x and y axes, will travel to that spot and merge. More often than not, you do not want merges to happen.
Look at the first image. The sequence to solve:
1. In the bottom section, combine the red & yellow to make orange. Then bring it to the orange square.
2. The bottom red ball can pass through the red bars. But watch out for the green ball. So move the green ball to the left once, and then up once.
3. Now move the red ball to its home.
4. Since red is home, the red bars disappear. Next up is blue and green.
5. Blue and green must get home simultaneously. In this scenario, this can only happen if they are on different axes. Green is nicely lined up already. Move blue one space to the left. Tap on the blue/green home and both will arrive at the same time.
6. This releases the green bar and the yellow ball can go home.
Remaze gets very complicated when targets require 4 balls. No hints from me.
What could be better:
1. There is no undo button! I played this on my phone and so many times tapped the wrong space. Arrrrr!
2. How about adding a wormhole?
3. How about adding a spike on the grid: if a white ball hits it, 3 balls emerge: yellow, blue & red.
50 levels is an ideal # to have. Since the game is free and has no ads, I would welcome purchasing 50 more levels.
Note to Bolton: add a screen of confetti when all the levels are solved. After that: add a note that asks for a donation. Great job!