Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Sometimes You Die by Philipp Stollenmayer

Sometimes You Die comes from Philipp Stollenmayer. I'm a big fan of his games.  (Scroll to the bottom to see some of my other reviews of his games.)
In Sometimes You Die, you will have to die multiple times in order to succeed.  I won't spoil the fun.

Look at the last 2 images.  The 685....I think it means that I'm the 685th person to solve the whole set. (Update 11/13/2019: Philipp just informed me that the 685 indicates how many times I died! It's funny and mortifying at the same time.)

According to Philip's description, there are 80 + levels.  They go pretty fast.  And then you get stuck and give up....until you keep trying.

He also mentions that there are 'hidden' levels.  I have no idea if I got to them.  How would I know?

In a game, you die.
And imply that it has no effect on you.
You feel invincible in the realm behind the screen.

This one is different.
In this game, you have to die.

∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ G A M E ∙ ∙ ∙
What is your motivation?
What do you expect from this game?
Do you want to beat it?
How do you know it can be beaten?

This game plays with expectation, illusion, and reality.


∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ P U Z Z L E S ∙ ∙ ∙
Think before you act.
Who knows what it means to die behind the screen?
Is it only a number that goes up?
Pixels that change their intensity?

Solve disturbing, surprising, and malicious puzzles.

∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ D E A T H ∙ ∙ ∙
Is it possible to go through the game
without dying even once?
Will you aim for it?

∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ D I F F I C U L T Y ∙ ∙ ∙
Some think the game is easy.
I think,
those haven't discovered the hidden levels yet.
80+ levels.
Hidden content.
Wow factor.
Epilepsy warning: One level includes fast flashing lights.


https://apps.apple.com/us/app/sometimes-you-die/id822701037

Some of Philipp's other games
okay?
Zip-Zap
Squaredance
supertype

No comments:

Post a Comment