Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Logisquares: puzzle app game for iphone, ipad

 LogiSquares comes from Parker Crist, who contacted me about his new puzzle app game.

(It resembles Lights Out. If you don't know Lights Out, look for an electronic version on Ebay from Tiger Electronics. They produced 3 versions of it - really terrific.)



The object is to match the image in the top left corner. Tap on a white cell and it turns to 1.  It will not affect its neighboring cells if they are white. However, if the neighboring cells (horizontal & vertical) are not white, they will increase by 1.

Each cell must be tapped once and only once.  If a cell reaches 4 and gets increased again by its neighbor, it will go back to 1.

There are 64 levels. Right now I've done 1-48. But I skipped 41.  I mostly do LogiSquares when I wake up and can't go back to sleep. After 45 minutes on LogiSquares, I'm good.

LogiSquares is a very good thinking puzzle with a good number of easy levels to jump right in. I think I'd like to see a pentagonal version of this.

Great job Parker!

http://arcade.gamesalad.com/p/parkerc92



4 comments:

  1. Pentagonal!?? Do you mean hexagonal, this would make sense to me ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found a better clone of this, called Array: Puzzler by Guerilla Tea Games. And yes, there is a hexagonal version.

    That having been said, there are a few small techniques that make these levels almost trivial; were it not for the "loop back to 1" mechanic, they would be completely trivial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete