Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Flip Stones: free puzzle app game for iphone, ipad

Andreas Riedmüller recently contacted me about his new puzzle app game Flip Stones. He and his brother made it. Andreas and his colleague (not his brother) previously made a very stupid app called Touch Me. I confess, I've played it several times and have still not deleted it. What does that say about me? Scroll down to about 10 days ago to read my blurb about that.

Back to Flip Stones. It's a topology game. You must cover all of the tiles and flip them to gold. I did the first 32 levels in about 15 minutes. Keep in mind, I've done thousands of these over the years. The key is to figure out the starting and end points.

Then I decided to pay the $.99 for the additional levels.

Look at the top of the 4th image. See the 0/2 at the top? That means you are given 2 separate continuous movements to make the flips. Some of these are really hard.

Flip Stones has 99 levels and I've completed 71 of them.  I'm stuck! I've spent a lot of time on these hard ones and have made minimal progress. Flip Stones is very challenging and fun. Definitely a winner, after you get through the easy ones.

Oh, I should mention this. As you are casually pondering your strategy, various creepy-crawlies will meander on your screen. Try not to drop your ipad.

1 comment: