Total Pageviews

Monday, June 9, 2014

2 puzzle stories from this weekend

There are 643,817 people playing FOLT according to the Game Center. In terms of 'levels completed', I'm ranked 41.

The Endless Mode part of the game - only 4707 people paid $.99 for that. Saturday night I got a score of 594. Which puts me at 1. Sunday, Fridgeman1874 came close to defeating me, but he died at 590. This is why my parents sent me to college.



Something different. I ran into a puzzler friend at the juggling festival at Barnard College. Hadn't seen him in about a year. He told me that he had gotten cancer, lymphoma to be precise. He had 4 rounds of chemo therapy. And now he's completely cured. He looks very healthy.  Each round of chemo zonked him out for 2 weeks. Ready for this? He thanked me for recommending good puzzle apps to play during those 8 weeks. It's nice to know that my efforts are making the world a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment