Total Pageviews

Monday, June 30, 2014

Perfect Paths: puzzle app for iphone, ipad

iPhone Screenshot 1 iPhone Screenshot 2
My puzzle app colleague Nicola Salmoria sent me a few emails to try Perfect Paths. I always follow his advice. But the price was $3.99 and the images looked like another topology game.


A few days ago, the price dropped to $.99 and I pounced. Yes Perfect Paths is a topology game, but not really. Your task is to move the colored tiles to the dots. However, whatever path you draw will not be continuous. Strange, I know. There is a metronomic device that says, Up, Down, Right, Left. Then it repeats.


Every tile on an Up square must move up just once. Then every tile on a Down square, must move down once. Etc.  You may think that the paths you draw will not lead to crashes, but they will.
See the paper clips at the bottom? You will need to connect squares and disconnect them too.


Right now there are 56 levels, which include 6 tutorials. Supposedly, more levels are being added every week. I cannot confirm this. Right now I have solved 47 of them.  The vast majority are difficult. Hard. Seemingly impossible.  Lots of trial and error. Frustrating. But I keep playing. While watching hours of Breaking Bad, which I never got around too.
There is a point scoring system. Efficient paths score more points. I'm honestly happy enough to have solved a level. Cause for a house party. But if you want to get high up on the Leader Board, you should check out Nicola's tips.


Perfect Paths is definitely one of the Best Puzzle Apps of 2014.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/perfect-paths/id856029362?mt=8

1 comment:

  1. While I do try to improve my scores, I agree that merely solving a level is a significant achievement in many cases.
    I hope the author will add some easier levels in the future updates; the ones he did so far were one harder than the other :-)

    ReplyDelete