Total Pageviews

Monday, October 19, 2015

HexaChroma: free puzzle app game for iphone, ipad

iPhone Screenshot 1 
HexaChroma is an interesting puzzle game.  The objective is to eliminate the spokes by swiveling them around the hexagons against a matching spoke.


The levels start off very simply.  Actually, way too easy.


Very gradually, new mechanics are added.  White spokes can move, but they don't get eliminated. Black spokes can't move or get eliminated.


Other elements: spokes normally stay on their hexagons, unless they pass through a portal. Also, when a spoke hits a certain node, other hexagons will shift across the board, quite unexpectedly. Similarly, invisible hexagons suddenly appear.


I don't know how many levels there are. But I got up to 8-4. There might even be other game elements that I haven't gotten too yet.  Other games are beckoning.
https://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/hexachroma/id1038236924?mt=8

2 comments:

  1. The last level is 9-5.

    Unfortunately I can't recommend the game due to its numerous bugs. Sometimes, portals will fail to work. Other times, black spokes will disappear and not reappear, or vice versa. Just now, a spoke I moved moved back to its original location for NO reason whatsoever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. This didn't happen to me. I'm using an ipad 2. Also my ios operating system is not the latest version. The game has potential.....but there are too many easy levels.

    ReplyDelete