Total Pageviews

Friday, September 5, 2014

Pushopolus: free puzzle app game for iphone, ipad

iPhone Screenshot 1                iPad Screenshot 1
Pushopolus is a terrific point scoring puzzle app game for the iphone, ipad. The blue arrows indicate that a pair of identical symbols can be combined/stacked.  When that happens, you score points.
Scoring: let's say you've got 5 hearts in a row. Only 2 symbols will combine/stack when you tap a blue arrow. The new heart stack will now say 2. The others will not move/stack.
If you combine a green 2 with a green 3, obviously you'll get 5 points.  There is a distinct strategy to maximize your points when you have the option of stacking up/down. The direction you choose can matter, but not always. 
Let's say you've got 3 blue diamonds next to each other. Left to right, their values are 1, 1, 12.  If you tap left, the 1 & 1 will combine. Then the new 2 piece will combine with 12 for a total of 14 points.
However, if you tap the right arrow, the 12 & 1 combine for 13 points, then the new 13 piece will combine with the other 1 for 14 points - yielding a total of 27 points.
The game ends when you have no more identical pairs to match.
Pushopolus has a healthy element of randomness/luck and is extremely fun. I'm very impressed.
My first game: I scored only 21 points.  My second game, something like 85.  The next day and a half, my high score grew to 3435. I could not stop playing this game.
The following day, I showed it to somebody and they pointed out to me that in the bottom right corner of the screen is the next piece! Somehow, I never noticed this, probably because my right hand simply blocked it. And I didn't read the rules thoroughly!
Since you know what the next piece will be 3 out of 4 times (the 4th time is a mystery), my strategy changed significantly and I scored 45,115 in a game that took over an hour. I think I could have kept going, but it was getting late and I got careless.


I hope the developers make another version of this game where you never know what the next new piece is.
https://itunes.apple.com/app/pushopolus/id910316357

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, love your blog. Wasn't sure how else to contact you, but I'd recommend giving Hoplite a try if you haven't already. It's a puzzle adventure game and just plain addicting.

    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hoplite/id782438457?mt=8

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing blog..like to see this blog...thanks for share this..

    hey guys..!!

    Please Download this latest puzzle game Virtual Maze Puzzle for kids...!! lot's of challenges and fun in this game..!! kids love to play this game.

    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gameimax.VirtualMazePuzzle

    ReplyDelete