Dimension Crusher seems to be a clone. There are only 12 levels. The graphics are not as vibrant. The movement is too slow. It feels like an old car, by comparison.
I contacted the developer to see what the story is and this was the response, which I appreciated:
Dimension crusher is inspired by Monospace.
- The app is free
- All levels are unique
- Users can suggest additional levels
- The app is available on the android (unlike monospace) https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uk.co.webdigi.dimensioncrusher
Let me know if you need anything else.
1. No pencil puzzle can be patented. Therefore, this game is perfectly legal if all the levels are different from Monospace.
2. We puzzlers form a rather small group. Everybody knows everybody via 2 or 3 degrees of separation - at most. For the most part, it is a community whose characteristics include: honor and appreciation. With that in mind, the developers of Dimension Crusher should mention on their website that their game is derived from Monospace.
3. It's understandable that certain parties are going to be upset at what's perceived to be a clone. However, let's keep this in mind: nobody is making any real money.
4. Somebody is eventually going to come up with another version - maybe a rectangular prism or a cylinder or even a dodecahedron. Building on the ideas of others has boosted the puzzle world to levels unimagined.