Total Pageviews

Friday, May 15, 2015

Hook: puzzle app game for iphone, ipad

2.png
Hook has been on my radar for a while.  A student of mine showed this to me a while ago. The object is to tap on the black dot various times to withdraw the crossed swords without the swords getting hooked.
3.png
As you can see from the diagrams, they look like circuit boards.
The big black dot sends the energy either directly to the swords/hooks or to antennae which will then relay the signals. Along the way you will have to turn switches to direct the energy.


What could be better: The lines could be thicker and easier to read.  How about giving color to some lines?


There are 50 levels and I did them all. (I'm so glad that there are 'only' 50 levels. Too many puzzle games have too many levels. You may recall the puzzle app that has 10,000 levels.) I like this game. Bravo Maciej Targoni for coming up with an original concept. Hook is definitely a candidate for a PAGY award.


(There's a clone version called Solve The Knot which is a complete rip-off. Yes it's free, but you'll pay for it by having to watch the same ads over and over.)


https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/oo/id956794130
http://playthehook.com/



3 comments:

  1. I LOVE this game! I've been hoping to find something similar since I finished all the levels but I haven't been able to. I'll take any suggestions,

    ReplyDelete
  2. MC, glad you liked it. Scroll down this blog to dec 31 and play the best of last years games.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://gottasolveit.blogspot.com.tr/2015/05/unite-rgb-free-puzzle-app-game-for.html

    ReplyDelete