Total Pageviews

Friday, October 5, 2012

Fan Mail

LinkedIn

Anne Cole has sent you a message.
Date: 10/05/2012
Subject: Puzzle master of the modern age
Hi Tom,
Somehow linkedin decided that we should be "linked". How this happened I have no idea, BUT my husband, David who refuses all frivolities such as facebook, etc. has talked about you for the last few months as being his idol. He faithfully reads your blog, he checks out all your recommendations and he tells me that you are one of the smartest people around. Even I, a violinmaker who has no time for puzzles, is at the moment addicted to Beecells. David looks forward to your Blog every day and admires your abilities and work ethic from afar. David thinks of you as his friend and I am sure lots of other folks do as well! Keep it up!!
Anne Cole
 

Anne & I have since exchanged emails and compared high scores in BeeCells. Mine is 452, Anne's is 757 and David has cracked 1500. Reality check: I think Anne & David have proven to be much smarter than I.

Check out Anne's website: http://annecoleviolinmaker.com/

Update 10/9: my new high score for BeeCells is 484.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Tom

    I was wondering if you or anyone else has seen a puzzle app like the one on Tiny Planets described as "The object is to rearrange the Bulbs so that each row contains the same colored Bulb. Click on one of the Circular Arrows (white) to rotate one quadrant (yellow) of Bulbs counter-clockwise."

    It is a 3x3 grid and there is a picture and video of the puzzle at http://www.gamezebo.com/games/tiny-bang-story/walkthrough-cheats-strategy-guide. The find (CTRL F) function using a phrase from the quote above will locate the picture with video below it.

    My apologies if this is not the type of comment that you would like. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help with what this puzzle type is called or an app suggestion.

    Kerralyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant Tiny Bang Story in the first paragraph.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kerralyn,

    I haven't played Tiny Bang Story. It seems like Myst - a big long mystery where you have to find/pick up objects and use them elsewhere and solve random puzzles.

    I like these types of puzzles, but they're too time-consuming.

    Tiny Bang Story seems like it's for a younger age group. What age group do you recommend it for?

    ReplyDelete