Total Pageviews

Monday, October 15, 2012

Lookout Blizzard: iphone, ipad puzzle game

Danielle Cervantes recently contacted me from The App Company to tell me about their puzzle game app Lookout Blizzard. Lookout Blizzard is a dexterity maze puzzle game.  The object is to tilt the snowball to the exit, while picking up snowflakes. On some levels, the object is just to not get hit for 30 seconds or 60 seconds.

Seems easy and typical. It's not! First, you must avoid the barnfires - obviously bad for a snowball. Then you have to avoid the shooting comets that can come from any direction. Water balls also fly across the screen; they slow you down temporarily if they hit you. Same for the flying dirtballs. 

There are 60 levels. At the moment I've done the first 47 levels. This is surprisingly fun. My only qualm is when you die: the screen image shakes violently.

Yesterday, when I woke up, the first thing I did was play this game. High praise indeed.

Lookout Blizzard quite possibly makes it onto the list of Best Puzzle Apps of 2012. That list will be revealed on New Year's Eve.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment