Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Simpl: puzzle app game for iphone, ipad

Ash Oakenfold recently contacted me about his new puzzle app game: Simpl. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/simpl/id672601351?ls=1&mt=8

The object is to roll the blue square onto the yellow square. I was a bit confused at first.  Then I read the description: think of the blue square as a 2x1 cube.  So, it's a rolling 3D cuboid puzzle.

I'm not sure how many levels there are, but it's a lot, maybe 75.

Having done a few thousand of these in the past, I'm not enthusiastic about doing more, but they are well constructed, from the ones I did.

As Ash said in his note to me: 'there's no dazzle'. What would really be helpful would be a 3-d rendering.

Look for Bloxorz.  It's an old flash game to play on your computer.  About 10 years ago a student told me about it - I liked it so much I gave him 10 extra points on a test.

The greatest rolling cube puzzle that I have seen is QVoid. I reviewed it about 2 years ago. Trust me, it's awesome.

Another kick-ass rolling cube puzzler is Cubler 2.

Ash: please dazzle us in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment